Our heroes disembark the Sult’n Fish aboard their airship, The Slicing Breeze. Their ultimate destination is Gardmore Abbey – but they’ll first have to cross the Ironwall Mountains (by land) in order to reach the Nentir Vale – this means taking the Stonefang Pass, near Timbervale: Their first stop.
After being dropped in Timbervale by Bosnan (who takes the airship home to Punjar), they learn that the area has been beset with small earthquakes that has destabilized the economy in the area, and that no one has come through the pass in months. They investigate the town’s damage, rest the night, purchase horses, and ride off, up the foothills to the Stonefang Pass.
Coming the opposite direction is a squad of wounded and exhausted dwarves…
Their leader, Rangrim Glintshield explains that the pass has been cut off by a great stone the dwarves of old installed as an emergency defense, and that it is overrun with orcs. Quickly, the knight Agüero agrees to have The Irregulars clear the pass and bids them to head to Timbervale to recover.
The continue up the foothills until they encounter a small trading post, and a bridge, crumbling in ruins just before the entrance to the pass. There are giants carved into the entrance, positions to seem as if they are holding back the mountain…
That bridge doesn’t look so good…
[[shute | Shute] checks if it’s safe to cross, when…
Hippogriffins swoop down out of the mountainside. They are soon joined by Giant Archerfish in river. The heroes send their horses back downhill, and buff up for a fight…
Eventually, the characters are victorious.
And they approach the pass on foot.
- Party HQ
- See this post for details on The Sult’n Fish
- BOILERS & COGS: Aerial Steam Carriage by Fat Dragon Games
- Fat Dragon’s EZ Tiles: Rivers and Streams
- Gamescapes: Grassland by Savage Mojo
- Covered Bridge by Dave Graffam Models
- Ruined bridge top kitbashed by OldSchoolDM
- Ruined Buildings
- Ancient Ruins by Lord ZseZse Works
- Ruined Longhouse Dave Graffam Models
- Ruined Plaza by Dave Graffam Models
- Stonefang Mountain/Pass
- Realms of the Dwarf Lords: Mountains & Cliffs by Fat Dragon Games
The adventure continues with Stirge’s Dessert