After a short interlude at Asherton Abbey and Agilis’ tower, the Forsite Irregulars finally reach Winterhaven.
They seek out lodging, repairs, restocking their supplies, and meet with Lord Padraig at the inn, as Charles Forsite had arranged. Shute finds a surprise in her backpack: A talking cube, like the one they carry – but this one is for Lord Padraig to establish a communications network in the Nentir Vale. Padraig asks them to scout the Orc presence at Gardmore Abbey, but makes no mention of the Deck of Many Things.
During their stay they also pick up a few side quests: To recover the remaining shards of Moonbane, and to accompany Sir Oakley to the Dragon’s Roost to help him cleanse Bahamut’s temple of any evil.
[DM’s note: Since this was an all roleplaying session, I’m not going to give an event-by-event breakdown. I’m just going to share the pictures and call out one or two things…]
[That map inspired my build – though I left the outside wall off for space and play reasons.]
The Irregulars pass through the open town gate into the market square…
The square looks different at night…
Something is up mid-town:
While the guard keeps watch from the inner ward…
There were a few in-town relationships established. The Bard refused the advances of the stable-mistress.
And the knight unsuccessfully(?) flirted with the most popular girl in town: Delphina Moongem. Shute made initial contact with the local thieves guild.
After restocking and resting, they make their way to The Dragon’s Roost on top of Gardmore Abbey – with Sir Oakley showing the way.
- Clock Tower: Town Square Clock Tower by Mystic Mountain Productions [Fold Flat Mod]
- Smithy: Blacksmith by Mystic Mountain Productions [Modded for Interior]
- Inn/Tavern: Mermaid Tavern by Dave Graffam Models
- Small Shop (with interior): Cabin by Dave Graffam Models
- FREE Small Row Houses: Laketown by Grendel’s Mother64 [Fold Flat Mod]
- FREE Small Hovel: Hovel by Dave Graffam Models
- Church: Medieval Chapel by Joel L. Teply Productions [Interior add-on available]
- Wood Tower: Crane House of Rakes Corner by Dave Graffam Models [Fold Flat Mod]
- FREE Carriage House: Coach House by Dave Graffam Models
- Two Story Row Houses: Dragonshire Fold-Flat Buildings by Fat Dragon Games
- Beyond the inner gate:
- Castle Walls: Winterhawk Castle by Fat Dragon Games
- Warehouse [Interior]: Warehouse by Dave Graffam Models [Fold Flat Mod]
- Barracks: Longhouse by Dave Graffam Models [Fold Flat Mod]
- Barracks: Dragonshire Base Set [No longer available]
- Mayor’s House: Bakery & Bakers House by Mystic Mountain Productions
- Staff House: Dragonshire Fold-Flat Buildings by Fat Dragon Games
- FREE Townsfolk and Blacksmith: Imperfect People by Dryw The Harper
- Town Guards: Greenhold Archers and Infantry by Pasiphilo’s Paper Minis
- Gong and player: Medieval-Musicians by PERMES
- Food Baskets: Baskets with Goods by Mega Miniatures [Closing 10/31/13!]
- FREE Horses: Draft Horse by XTea
- Carts: Overland Adventures by Fat Dragon Games
- Well: Dragonshire Blacksmith & Stables by Fat Dragon Games
- Shop Cases: 3D Kitbash of GameMastery Map Pack: Shops by Paizo
Next: The Dragon’s Roost